Milk Tech Asia 2012
More information on Milk Tech Asia
Milk Industry of Pakistan
Milk production and processing is the most important component in livestock sector in Pakistan. The value of milk alone exceeds combined value of wheat, rice, maize and sugarcane. The milk in Pakistan is predominantly produced under four different production system namely:
• Rural Subsistence Smallholdings
• Rural Market Oriented Small –holdings
• Rural Commercial Farms
• Periurban/ Urban Dairying
The overall animal herd is thinly spread across thousand of square kilometers with and average of 3-5 animal per house hold and more than 40 million people in the rural area are engaged in livestock raising. Out of total milk produced, 97 % is marketed in informal sector (loose milk consumed in the villages and/or sold in the cities through ”Gawallaws” is unhygienic conditions and without any quality standards).
Demand for milk and dairy products is increasing at a high pace due to population growth, urbanization and increase in per capital income.
Milk Tech Asia is the definitive exhibition for showcasing the latest innovations in milk products & equipment. This international event brings together buyers and sellers from around the region, with feature areas focusing on dairy equipment, process technology automation & control technology, ingredients and additives technology and storage, packaging & transportation technology.
What you should know about Milk Tech Asia
• The most important event defining the development of milk & dairy industry of Pakistan
• Promotes milk and other value added dairy products of the domestic as well as international markets
• Provides a path for development and up-gradation of milk & dairy products worldwide
• Facilitates farmers, processors and other stakeholders across the value chain
• Supports milk & dairy sector growth
• Initiates interventions across
Organizer & Venue for Milk Tech Asia
Contact venue | Other events in | Join as Venue
Karachi Expo Center
Hal 1 & 2, University Rd.
Karachi, , Pakistan
Tel: +92 (21) 4999000
Fax: +92 (21) 4999111