More information on Geo Mineral and Mining Conference
Oman International Trade and Exhibitions is pleased to announce that its organizing the 1st Geo Minieral & Mining Conference 2012, during the period from 8 to 9 December 2012 at the Grand Hyatt Muscat.
The conference aims to present the investment opportunities, partnerships and legal and regulatory frameworks in the field of mining, and new technologies and best practices in this area, and present the studies of local, regional and global issues and major challenges and other important topics. The Conference will provide a wonderful opportunity to discuss issues surrounding the development of this sector and explore opportunities in the future, and will also work to gather senior government officials and executives from this sector.
The conference topics and panel discussions will focus on the following but not limited to:
• Overview on the Sultanate’s Geo, Minerals and Mining sectors
• Legal, Regulatory and Fiscal Framework
• Strategic Planning for sustainable management of natural resources
• Mineral and Mining Landscape in Oman, opportunities, challenges and concerns
• Investment & Partnership Opportunities
• Strategic planning for Sustainable management of Natural Resources and Mineral Trade
• Innovation, New Technologies & Best Mining Practices
• Regional & Global Case Studies on Mining Projects
• Human Resource, Training Issues
The conference will set the scene of current mining climate, natural resources, geology, metallurgy, regulations, environment challenges, sustainable mineral exploration and processing. Will highlight applied best practices, equipment and trade. The conference sessions will elaborate on legal, regulatory and fiscal framework, mining and mineral landscape in Oman and GCC, Human Resources development, safety and new technologies among a few.