More information on Meditec Clinika
Indian Healthcare - A backdrop
• The healthcare industry is expected to grow from its current € 12.72 bn to € 29.6 bn by 2012.
• India is the second most populous country in the world with a high incidence of diseases.
Yet 65% of its healthcare industry is not fully developed thereby creating a huge demand potential
for medical technology and healthcare services.
• There are key changes in its demographic profile accompanied with increasing lifestyle diseases
and growing medical expenses - 80% being borne individually.
• It is becoming the most popular medical tourism destination on the planet.
• The Indian government has laid a high budgetary outlay, privatised the Medical Insurance sector and
readily encourages Foreign Direct Investments in healthcare.
• India imports the maximum medical equipment ( approx 85%) and will spend € 33.8 bn on
healthcare in the next 5 years.
Meditec- Clinika and Indian Healthcare Industry
Meditec Clinika now in its third edition, offers the ideal platform for innovative medical products and systems in India. This is a firm step forward in revolutionizing and effectively contributing to the efficacy and quality of healthcare and treatment healthcare.